This post is sponsored by my wonderful friends at Bob’s Red Mill! We’re using their amazing almond flour for these Chocolate-Covered Vegan Cookie Dough Bars.
Today we’re eating cookie dough…in bar form.
Haaaaappy Monday, friends!
So, cookie dough is pretty fantastic, isn’t it? When I make cookies (like once a week), I’m always tempted to just sit down with the mixing bowl and a spoon and go.to.town.
But I had a crazy idea. What if I intentionally make cookie dough to consume without baking? What if. Just…what if.
Ha. Obviously it was the best idea ever.
Oh wait, I drenched them in chocolate. That was the best idea ever.
I’d say this is the perfect “First Dessert of 2017 on Fooduzzi” dessert.
Let’s chat ingredients, shall we?
It’s the normal cast of characters from my other vegan & gluten free cookie recipes (seriously, I have a ton). nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, baking soda, coconut flour, and my all-time favorite gluten free flour, almond flour. Bob’s Red Mill almond flour is…amazing. It’s finely ground, it tastes rich and slightly nutty, and it yields consistent [and delicious!] results every.single.time. I love!
And cookie dough should always come with chocolate chips, right? I desperately tried to find vegan mini chocolate chips (so cute), but I came up short. IF you can find them, I highly suggest you use them! If not, normal-sized chips will work just fine. It’s all chocolate in the end.
And then! Melted chocolate goes on top. We’ll mix in some coconut oil and some nut butter (aka. peanut butter) so that the chocolate topping isn’t too hard and doesn’t shatter when you cut into it. Plus, there really isn’t anything better than chocolate + pb.
So, can I vote for you making this for your bae on Valentine’s Day? Or like, you and your friends if you’re riding solo this year?
I’m convinced that nothing says “love” like cookie dough.
The ULTIMATE no-bake dessert! The best thing since baked cookie dough.
- For the bars:
- 1 and 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 5 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 and 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 5 Tbsp. nut butter
- vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- For the topping:
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. nut butter
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix maple syrup, melted coconut oil, nut butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, and mix to combine. Add your chocolate chips, and mix.
- Line a 8″ square pan with parchment paper. Press your dough into the pan, and flatten with your hands or with the back of a measuring cup. Place in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Melt your chocolate chips, nut butter, and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals or over a double boiler on the stove. Mix to combine.
- Pour your chocolate topping over your cookie dough, and place in the fridge to set, 1-2 hours.
- Cut into squares, and store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Contact us at email@example.com